Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool washer is locked. Red light (locked) keeps

Customer Question
My whirlpool washer is...

My whirlpool washer is locked. Red light (locked) keeps flashing. Can't get clothes out, even when I wait 3 seconds and press start/pause button. Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 5 years old. model#WTW4850BW!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

For now need to know how I can unlock it. Unplugging it didnt help

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I dont think so

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

When you say that you have unplugged the unit did you have it unplugged for more then 5 minutes?

If not to reboot the electronic control it has to be powered off for at least 5 minutes for the memory chip to drain down and reboot the control board.