Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The soap dish on my Bosch dishwasher doesn't open during…

Customer Question
The soap dish on...

The soap dish on my Bosch dishwasher doesn't open during wash. How can I fix this? Model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The exact model is 05UC/14. Serial number is ***** It is probably is 19 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we can. Is there something we can do that is simple?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Otherwise it has been working well.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To be clear, is the lid still closed at the end of the cycle, or is the lid open but the soap is still inside?

Lid is closed

OK then you just need a new dispenser I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the dispenser as well as a video on how to replace the dispenser if you wanted to do it yourself.

CLICK HERE for dispenser

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?