Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile refrigerator with top freezer. I am

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Profile refrigerator with top freezer. I am unable to maintain

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model PTS25LHSARWW, cannot maintain zero temp in freezer -- goes up, goes down. I try resetting it manually but still roams all over. Yesterday it got up to 11 degrees, Tonight its at -1.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not, but would like to have some idea what is going on so I don't get soaked.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, other than the freezer problem, I like the Profile very much.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 10 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Check the condenser and condenser fan and make sure the condenser is clear and the fan is running and blowing when the compressor is. If that is ok you may have a bad freezer thermistor, that is the sensor that regulates the temperature in the freezer.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.