Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag neptune door locks then immediately

Customer Question
Maytag neptune door locks...

Maytag neptune door locks then immediately unlocks...happened once before and got it to work but can't remember what i did...

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Standby...(i thought i'd be able to find what i did before)...be right back...

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Mah5500b...yep!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that it happened a couple months ago and i reset it somehow...the cycle stalled at 15 min left of hand wash cycle...door was unlocked and water was still in the tub...now when we try to start a cycle the door locks then unlocks several seconds later...

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Wife needs to run a load...horse show tomorrow and needs to have her fancy clothes ready!!
10/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 10 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Can you try unplugging the appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset? Lets see what happens after that.