Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model# on my magic chef wall oven has faded away and the…

Customer Question
model# ***** my magic chef...
model# ***** my magic chef wall oven has faded away and the part# ***** oven safety valve is discontinued. what to do?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Are you certain that valve is faulty? What is the oven doing?

The gas company came over and said it was leaking

Odd that it is leaking there, but I will see if I can locate a replacement. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

This way is fine.

I see no replacement for that valve. The configuration (input and output positions) is an odd one and a universal one will not match up. I will see if another may be able to locate one that will work.

yeah I had the same problem
sorry I jumped out early I thought we were done. I got a text that said you had a answer.
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 10 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Do you still need help?

OK do you see where the gas supply comes into the valve?

the gas company said the gas was by passing the safety valve and coming out the burner orrifeces

No that gas valve is strictly for the oven not for the burners, can you smell gas?

I am talking about a wall oven

OK did you smell gas all the time or just when you turned the oven on?

all the time. oven was off

Ok you can put a different valve in then, but it will require you to shorten the gas line to the valve are you handy?

if I had a tube bending machine and a tool to flare the tube

You can bend that tubing by hand and here is a cheap easy flaring tool. If you buy this valve you just need to cut the tube and slip it through the compression fitting...no need to flare anything. You will just have to cut the tube back maybe 3" or reroute it to fit. Basically the old valve came directly in the valve, the new valve will be a couple inches longer on the left to line up right, but it will work 100% fine.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE VALVE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

I get it. I will check tomorrow, have to go to bed now. good night

OK no problem!