Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The door of my Neptune Maytag won't open model# MAH5500BWW.

Customer Question
The door of my...

The door of my Neptune Maytag won't open model# *****

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We purchased in 2004

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model # MAH5500BWW

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

It's possible that your door latch needs to be replaced or possibly just reset. To reset the latch and manually open the door open the dispenser lid. Remove the softner and bleach compartment. There is a nylon pull cord in the front of the dispenser straight to the left to manually unlock the door. Open the door and then try the washer again. If it won't start or it won't unlock at the end of the cycle, replace the door latch.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?