Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I haVE A Whirlpool front load washer, type 832-A. The

Customer Question
I haVE A Whirlpool...

I haVE A Whirlpool front load washer, type 832-A. The machine will not run a cycle. No matter what you select. the add a garment light and door locked light come on. The only way to open door is to use the manual release. I ordered a new door switch assembly and installed it. It still has the same problem

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Guessing 6 to 8 years old model WFW9050XW00

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The issue you are having is with the main control. What is the longest period you have had it unplugged, just when the lock was replaced?

The main machine control is mounted in the right front corner, accessed by removing the top panel (screws along back edge). All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy replacement!

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!