Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a new Miele Diamond Futura that shows "waterproof…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new Miele Diamond Futura that shows "waterproof fault". What shall I do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

8 months old, G 5975 SCVi

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The unit is only 8 months old so I'll start by saying you should probably just call warranty and they will fix the issue at no cost. If you didn't want to wait for warranty service, then let me explain what this fault means. It means your dishwasher is in flood mode and water has entered the pan below the dishwasher tub. You'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it on it's back. Remove the screws in each corner holding the bottom access panel down. From that point you can pull the bottom access panel off and dry up all the water in the bas pan that is causing the flood condition. Now while you have the bottom off, look for a source of a leak because if the dishwasher is doing nothing but draining, there should be water in the bottom coming from somewhere causing the flood mode to occur.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?