Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an over older over the range microwave and the light…

Customer Question
I have an over...

I have an over older over the range microwave and the light bulbs just blew. I changed the bulbs and now the lights will not turn off. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

MH6130XEQ-1, early 2000

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Depanding on age, cheaper to replace?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the bulbs are stuck on, it means that the bulbs shorted the relay out on the display board. The relay for the lights is in direct line with the display board the the relay gets welded shut when the bulb fails sometimes causing it to send power to the lights all the time. The entire display board will need to be replaced to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say so below is a link to the display board you'd need to order for your model. Given the age, the part is $192 so I might just unplug the microwave and remove the bulbs until you are ready to replace the microwave rather than repair it.

CLICK HERE for display board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

CLICK HERE for display board