Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My water dispenser in side by side cab depth unit just 60…

Customer Question
My water dispenser in...

My water dispenser in side by side cab depth unit just 60 days in service has stopped working. the ice maker is fine (but sounds like a dump truck). what should I do? Is there some things I can check myself first

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

No - that's my question - the brand new unit 60 days in service has a problem - and how do I check thermostat or the filter

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Should I? i have no idea how this unit is put together, I had my last side by side for nearly 20 yrs.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This was purchased at Lowes along with a suite of appliances (totaling $5k) needless to say I'm a bit disapponted i have issues already

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?