Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosch stove and I had a technician look at the oven…

Customer Question
I have a Bosch...

I have a Bosch stove and I had a technician look at the oven because the pilot wouldn't stay on. He said I need a new thermastat for the oven.HEK45X25EH/03. Where can i purchase this? It makes it harder because I am living in Mexico. i Go periodically to the US

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

My mother purchased it atHome Depot and she died three years ago. That's all I know about it. Could the model number be F08911?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No a technician is coming over the help me. I found some information it was purchased 2010. I saw that the model # was the HEK number I gave you.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I would like to urchase the part

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Where would the part come from?
I'm in Mexico
Are you still with me? When will you get back to me?

The thermostat the technician is talking about is the thermocoupler which is what sits in the pilot light to tell the safety valve the flame is lit. The part number you need is 00493284. I have no idea where you could order this part in Mexico, you'll need to contact Bosch and see if that's possible. As for the part, you can contact 1.***-***-**** which is Bosch customer service here in the US and they should be able to figure out how you can get the part here in the US, but I'm not sure about how you'd get it in Mexico.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

All you need to know is my oven doesn't stay on. I have to keep on pressing the ignition button while lighting the oven and keep the button pressed for 40 seconds or so. Sometimes it stays lit for a little bit sometime it turns off right away. My washing machine technician came over and he said it was the thermastat for the oven. I think the number is ***** Can you help me order the part?

I gave you all that information before. Did the reply not go through? Here is what I wrote to you not 60 seconds ago.

QUOTE:

No I know i can't get it in Mexico have already checked.

Yes, I understand. So I gave you the part number you need, and the phone number you need to get ahold of Bosch to order that part. We don't sell parts. You have all the information you need to order the part now. What more can I do?

no I didn't get this message. Had to wait quite a bit.

The site must be lagging, I'm sorry about that.

My original question was were can i order this part and they sent me to you so that I could pay $5. They could ha e given me the phone number to order the part like you did. I know that only place to order this part is in US because I checked in Mexico already.

$5 is a good faith deposit just to ask this question. I gave you the phone number where you can order the part here in the US. Again, what more can I possibly do? I have told you everything you need I'm not sure why you keep replying back as if I haven't given you the information you requested already.

It's not your fault. They should have given me the number. I didn't need to talk to anyone.

That's not how it works. You can blame the manufacture, but our service is designed to help you when the manufacture won't. We are technicians who have been factory trained and help customers like you in our off time when we're not running service calls.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc