Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Bravos washer that I purchased in 2010. I…

Customer Question
Good Morning,I have a Maytag...
Good Morning,I have a Maytag Bravos washer that I purchased in 2010. I cannot get the lid open to search for a model number. It started the Fill and shut off, locking the lid. I did see a fault code, but I'm going on memory now.......F50 ?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

lets try to reboot the electronic control board , unplug the unit fro over 5 minutes then plug it back in and let me know if the lid is still locked or not?