Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My freezer and refrigerator keep resetting to 56 degrees for…

Customer Question
My freezer and refrigerator...

My freezer and refrigerator keep resetting to 56 degrees for the frig and 36 for freezer. I reset to 0 - freezer and 36 for frig but the temp goes right back to above settings. What the heck???

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Its a Maytag and with the double frig doors and the freezer drawer on the bottom. It's less than 10 years old. Not sure of the model number.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work, is there a quick fix???

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NO, just that all my food is spoiling as I type.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The display will always default back to the actual temperatures so we need to determine why it is not cooling well.

1. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section?
  2. Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

I will be logging out soon. Please let me know if you still need help this evening.