Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ice maker was jammed. I cleaned out the ice that was stuck.

Customer Question
ice maker was jammed...

ice maker was jammed. I cleaned out the ice that was stuck. Now the arm that controls when the bin is full and controls when the water flows in to make more ice seems to be stuck too. How can I remove the ice maker to see what is holding it up?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model # KFIS25xvms2. about 5 years old. Serial # K01892868

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NO, I know how to remove the large bin with the auger but can't seem to find a way to remove the actual ice maker

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Most likely the icemaker is just bad if the arm won't move back down. Possibly the ice jammed inside of it, but if you can't thaw it and make it work again, the icemaker would need to be replaced. Either way, below is a video on how to remove this style icemaker for your unit.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?