Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have Small gas whirlpool oven mod: # AGP200VDW0 The

Customer Question
I have Small gas...

I have Small gas whirlpool oven mod: # AGP200VDW0 The trouble I'm having is it just started this issue with not staying lit. I light the wick leave that lit all day even but when I try bring the oven up to temp it goes out now everytime will not stay on

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

You

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's about it it just started doing this have had it for a few years and never had this happen before like I said I can light the pilot lite leave it lit all day and when I turn it to 350 walk away come back later its out pilot lite and all weird

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

And when you say you light the (WICK) I`m assuming you mean the pilot light.

so if the pilot light will stay on all day long then if you turn the oven on it goes out , is this unit on Natural gas or L/P gas?

LP I lite the pilot lite and it will stay on all day but when I turn it to 350 or 400 walk away come back 5 or 10 later everything is out will not come to temp
upon further inspection from my Nepthew who is able to get down on the floor, it seems as though the pilot wick is not providing enough fire to support the oven burner does that sound like that could be the prob or have something to do with it?
cool this method of conversation is fine

Ok if you have the unit on L/P gas was it converted from the original Natural gas ?

When the unit leaves the factory it is set up for Natural gas and the burners and regulator have to be set for L/P gas after it is installed!

Hello

hello!

Are you there?

This method is fine

Sorry for the late come back been workin. Yes it was converted when we bought it and we've been using it now with no probs for around 4 to 5 years

ok if it has been converted to L/P and your just now having this issue .

Your going to have to replace the oven thermostat /gas valve assembly

it is what gives the pilot light more fuel to light the burner off the pilot light via the thermal couple .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Master Tech
Master Tech