Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool duet wm model #wfw9150ww00 ser#

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool duet wm model #wfw9150ww00 ser# ***** unit has power. Machine locks and starts to fill. Then stops before filling completely and does not go further. Door remains locked. unplugging machine for a while and plugging in again unlocks the door. I found a video on error codes. While my machine does not have an LED screen if I press the 3 buttons on the lower right of the front panel 3 times it seems to go into diagnostic mode. All LEDs flash. then if I press the right most button the vertical strip of LEDs on the far left flash once , a few seconds later 6 times, and once the a few seconds later 8 times. are these the same as f16 and f18 error codes? if so does this indicate the control board in the upper right side of the machine needs to be replaced?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The machine is 6 years old whirlpool wfw9150ww00

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Did you receive my msg. about error codes?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

when you first turn the washer on if does a child lock feature ,where you press start it locks the door brings in a burst of cold water unlocks the door pauses for 5 seconds and then re locks the door.

from what your saying it is not unlocking the door automatically which would be a main control board (CCU) issue.

you stated that the unit locks the door and starts to fill how long is this fill mode would you say?

Hi Woody,
I would estimate it runs 5-10 seconds then stops and no further action. Drum doesn't rotate.door doesn't unlock at any time. The first couple of times the door unlocked after washer being unplugged approximately 15 mins then plugged in again. Now it won't fill at all or unlock. Control panel still lights up when the power, start buttons, and center knob are used but machine doesn't run

ok so from what you saying is (the way I read it anyway ) is you start the washer it locks the door brings in a small amount of water and does nothing else.

Is that correct?

If so I suspect that you have a door latch /lock switch issue .

**NOW LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS INCORRECT PLEASE!

If that is what it does then here is a link to the door latch /lock switch.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .