Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Having trouble with my Frigidaire Gallery upright freezer.

Having trouble with my Frigidaire...
Having trouble with my Frigidaire Gallery upright freezer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2009 Model GLFH21F8HW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not sure. Guess it depends on how big a job the repair is.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: At first the problem was that when you opened the door the freezer stopped. Then turned back on with temp reading of 10'
10/4/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Unplug it for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. If no change, the main control will need to be replaced. The video at the link below shows how it is replaced.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Hi Kelly. Sorry for the delayed reply.
I also wanted to mention that when this first problem would happen. I was able to get the freezer running again by using the down arrow and get to my desired temp. This only worked for a few days.
Then the freezer stopped running. So in a panic, I kept pressing areas of the control panel.
The freezer came on. Running at -2'. It's still running but, I don't dare open it.

I agree, those controls can be very weird when they start to fail. They are an all inclusive control, though, so replacing the one I linked you to above should get you back up and running! :~)

Thanks so much for your help and patience.
Will I lose the links you sent me after ending this chat?

Not at all, you can come back here and post anytime, there is no time limit at all! The easiest way back is to follow a link from your email.

Kelly, Appliance Technician
O.k. great! You should add online computer instructor to your title as well!
Thanks again!

I have enough trouble with my computer, I will stick to appliances! :~)

Kelly, Appliance Technician