Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kenmore washer model 970-c97812-10. lid switch is broken but…

Customer Question
kenmore washer model 970-c97812-10. lid...
kenmore washer model 970-c97812-10. lid switch is broken but I'm told that part is no NLA. the part of the sw that contains the resistance for the motor is broken and I cannot jump. Is there anything I can use to repair this,, jump this part?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Do you see two tan wires on the switch?

There are two wires that go to a micro sw and two that go to lid lock bimetal sw

The tan with black stripe wires can be wired together. That will bypass the switch and allow it to spin no matter the lid position. Of course, this is a safety issue (don't reach in the tub while machine is on), so I cannot recommend you do that.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!