Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Woody I have the part

Customer Question
Woody I have the part
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

ok Can you give me an idea as to what the part is, and what is the model number of the unit we were working on ?

ice maker jenn air jsd trying to get wire harness out

ok on the side of the module head you will have the harness and a locking clip just press the clip in and the harness should pull out of the module.

approx 1 minute 18 seconds this video shows the clip to remove the harness .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZR1rFBD7TU

I don't see a locking clip and the red wire pulled out of the harness

it has to have a locking clip .

And the red wire as long as it still has the end terminal on it should just push in to the harness connector and lock in the plastic multi pin connector.

the water supply hose seems too long and seem to be split

Is this the water supply line to the refrigerator or to the ice maker from the water inlet valve?

to the icemaker it has a preforated top but seems to be to long alson the off and on arm doesn't stay up?

And this issue on the on /off arm is with a new icemaker?

What is the units model number please?

im900

no the model number of the refrigerator not the ice maker.

jsd2695kes

i called company I boughtfrom and he said it has to reach freezing temp before the on / off click kicks on does that sound right?

no The bail arm can be raised to turn the ice maker off and lowered to turn it on with out the unit even being in the unit.

Are you sure that you got the arm in the hole/ slot in the back of the module?

it should raise up and have a stop to it and then lock in place.

here is a video showing how to install the arm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZOhPcmUEaI

i DON'T GET THE SECOND SENTENCE? SORRY BLAME F'IN BILL GATES FOR CAPS

watch the video starting about 1 30

here is that next to last post ,the second sentence is the video web URL address.

WHY DIDN'T I JUST GET THE ARM?

because you had nothing wrong with the arm it was the mechanism in the module that was not allowing the arm to run the icemaker if I remember correctly

now what?

were you able to get the bail arm to move down and up to lock it in place? you stated the bail arm would not stay up , that`s what your working on right!

c'mon bro you know what you just said it should out of the box click up andown and this didn't so what are you asking?
John, Home Appliance Technician