Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need to clean my oven door, stuff has gotten in between…

Customer Question
I need to clean...

I need to clean my oven door , stuff has gotten in between glass

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

We bought it in 2005. model # AER5845QAN

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you're trying to get between the oven door glass, then the entire door needs to be pulled off and the door taken apart. If you open the door up all the way there is a flip up locking tab on each hinge that you can rotate upwards so that the hinge locks out. Once the hinges are locked out, just lift the door up to the broil position and pull it off the oven. Now you can remove the screws coming in from the top and bottom and the door will split apart so that you can clean between the oven door glass.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?