Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Yeah, I have an issue with my Maytag Neptune washer. How…

Customer Question
Yeah, I have an...

Yeah, I have an issue with my Maytag Neptune washer. How much is this service?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Over 10 years. Model # MAH5500BWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am not sure. It depends.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes. It is about the start button. Sometimes it lights up and the machine turns on and sometimes you have to unplug it for a while and try again and lately the start button (and starting) does not happen at all.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This service is $36 if you'd like to continue.

Thanks
Not willing to invest more at this time because I have never heard of this service and I am already $36 in and don't yet know if you are even familiar with this issue.
Still there?
it has been 10 minutes and I am assuming that no one is really here reading this.

I am here, I'm waiting for you to approve moving forward knowing that it's $36. You asked how much this question is and I told you it's $36. Would you like to continue or not?

There is no "continue" button dude. Just a chance to pay an additional $24 for "call me"
I don't have time for this b.s.
I never asked you "how much this question is" you must have had me confused with someone else. I knew it was $36 because I saw that my credit card was immediately charged.

I apologize, you are correct.

have you seen this issue with the start button before or not?

As for your problem, only the display board can cause the problem if unplugging the unit for awhile resets the washer sometimes. That entire display board would need to be replaced to resolve the issue. The touchpad could have a bad start button, but unplugging the unit wouldn't reset a touchpad.

Thanks.

Not a problem and I apologize about the confusion.

Thanks. My wife just told me now that I got it wrong though. She said that unplugging never had an effect the issue is the display board lights come on when we load and we wait about 15 minutes, all of the lights on the display board would go off and then we could press Start and then it would turn on. So the only button we are having an issue with is the Start button.

OK then that is a different. That would be a bad touch control panel with the start button failing. That entire touch control panel would need to be replaced.

Ok. Thanks. I will give you a top rating. How?

There should be stars you can select at the top or bottom of the screen.

OK. Let's close it. I see the part is like $175 so that doesn't make much sense.

Aye, I'm sorry about the bad news, it's fairly expensive.

Thanks. (Actually the stars are at the top of the page)

Ah, thank you in advance for rating. They move the stars on the site fairly often to try different layouts so I wasn't sure where they are currently at.