Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

AS2628 Fisher and paykel Fridge change display temperature…

Customer Question
AS2628 Fisher and paykel...

AS2628 Fisher and paykel Fridge change display temperature to - -.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Fisher & Paykel is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

AS2628

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on problem

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Fridge works ok, ones per day it changes -18 to -, 4 to -

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 10 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

That happens because once every 8-10 hours the unit defrosts and the temperature will rise when that happens then it goes back down. There should be no issue with the unit.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

When display shows instead -18 and 4 - and -, Fridge doesn't start working until I push temperature button.

OK if that is happening you have a control issue and the unit likely is not coming out of defrost. They had an issue with the controls and also the defrost sensor so one of them is likely the issue. It may be still covered under warranty. You can try to call this number and see or I would suggest getting a factory tech out to check it out.

0800 372 273

I am an electrician. How can I check what is wrong the controls or the defrost sensor? It is not covered by warranty. Thanks