Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an LG frig, and the right door keeps coming open.

Customer Question
I've checked the level, and...
I have an LG frig, and the right door keeps coming open. I've checked the level, and it's fine. The door with the center mullion is fine. It feels like the door cam or spring or something is broken. When you close it, the slightest bump will let it pop open.It's a model: LFX28978ST / 00
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 10 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

Make sure the unit is slightly tilted back. Also you may want to lubricate the lower cam on the door hinge with a little grease. If you lift up on the door another person can get a little grease in between the cams. Often the issue is just that as the door will pop open when you close the left door due to the seals pushing air out pushing the door open, but if the unit is slightly tilted back and the cams are lubricated it should reclose.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Are there cams that can wear out on these doors? If so, where could I order replacement cams?

The center hinge comes with the teflon bushing and yes they do wear out.

CLICK HERE PART