Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

MC0165UB- THE UNIT JUST STOP WORKING. NO POWER, NOTHING

Customer Question
MC0165UB- THE UNIT JUST...

MC0165UB- THE UNIT JUST STOP WORKING. NO POWER, NOTHING WORKS ON IT

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

NOT FOR HOURS.but I did for about 30 min

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a thermal fuse on this unit

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

There is a fuse inside your oven but to access it you must uninstall the entire oven and unscrew the out shell of the microwave. If you remove the outer shell, in the upper right hand corner is a small board which looks like the part in the link below.

CLICK HERE to see noise filter board

There is a 1" cylinder fuse on this board that unclips. Remove this fuse and test it for continuity. If the fuse is open, replace it. Otherwise if the fuse checks good and you're sure the microwave is getting power from your house, your display board has failed and would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.