Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Older whirlpool self cleaning gas stove. One of the burners…

Customer Question
Older whirlpool self cleaning...

Older whirlpool self cleaning gas stove. One of the burners will not turn off. I have tried to use a pliers but I can't get it off.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

24 years old. I am looking for model number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well, probably not but I have to get it turned off.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is a 30" freestanding gas range The installation instructions sheet sayPart #: 36-302399-02-0/4315710

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So unfortunately the problem is that your gas valve has seized up. This is the part the knob attaches to which turns the shaft of the valve. The bigger problem is that this valve is no longer made. You'll need to turn the gas off to the oven to stop the gas flow to the burner. But unless you can find a new part used somewhere, it's time for a new oven because they don't make the part any longer.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?