Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have Thermador rangetop(6 burner with griddle). Few days…

I have Thermador rangetop(6...

I have Thermador rangetop(6 burner with griddle). Few days ago the circuit breaker down. After I turned on the breaker. 2 burner on the left side could not be ignited. The other 4 burners work ok. Pls adv what could have be the problem? Thanks

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

5 days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if it is not complicated

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, thanks

10/3/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Those left 2 burners are your simmer XLO burners. When no gas or spark occurs on one of them, it means that your potentiometer or simmer module has failed. If it's a potentiometer you'd be looking at about $200 with parts, trip and labor to replace. If it's a simmer control, it would be more like $400 to have that replaced. This is not something you can fix yourself because it requires a Thermador specialty burner tool to remove the center locking nuts on each burners so you can remove the burner bases and remove the ceramic top of the range top to access the module and such below it. I'm very sorry about the bad news.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc