Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have just moved back into my home. While I was gone the…

Customer Question
I have just moved...

I have just moved back into my home. While I was gone the tenant (with my permission) bought a new dishwasher -- the Kenmore white ultra. Today is the first day I am trying to turn it on, and it won't go on. Would you advise me. One problem may be that I only have regular dishwashing detergent and not a packet. Would that be enough for it not to start? Thanks.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

665.13292K111

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I just want to start it, so yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I guess not.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

First, make sure the control lock light is not on. If so, press and hold the control lock button for 5 seconds to remove the control lock. Next, select the cycle you want to start (like Normal Wash). Then select the option you'd like (like heated dry). Now, just press Start and the door must be closed within 3 seconds of pressing start or the start light will start flashing to let you know you took too long to close the door. That should be all you need to do to start a cycle.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I still don't know why a nearly new dishwasher isn't starting, but thanks. SF

I'm not sure without knowing how the panel is acting you you go through those steps I told you.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?