Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I HAVE A PANASONIC MICRO WAVE WHICH IS SHOWING A

Customer Question
I HAVE A PANASONIC...

I HAVE A PANASONIC MICRO WAVE WHICH IS SHOWING A MESSÄGE'WORD PROMPTING DEMO MODE PRESS ANY KEY BUT I CANNOT GET IT TO WORK. GUIDE SAYS CLOCK PAD 3 TIMES BUT THIS DOES NOT WORK NOR DOES THE MICROWAVE

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I THINK NN- S786 ABOUT 18 YEARS OLD

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A COUPLE OF DAYS TRIED TROUBLESHOOTING IN OPERATION GUIDE BUT IT DOES NOT WORK

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The unit went into demo mode for some reason and the only way to exit is to unplug the microwave for 60 seconds and plug it back in, then press Clock 3 times quickly as the microwave is booting up the first 15 seconds or so. If that isn't working, the display board failed and would need to be replaced so you'd better off just getting a new microwave I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?