Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When I try to start wash, the machine flashes dl. Model #

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to start wash, the machine flashes dl

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model # MAH2400aww Serial # 14426890JN I'm a renter nor sure of age of machine

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My skills are limited, since I m a renter I"d have to call landlord Hoping its minor

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Error "dl" means that your door lock isn't working properly. Make sure the door is securely closed and if so, the door latch assembly will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for latch assembly

It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?