Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Amana bb20v1s and I need to remove and replace the…

Customer Question
I have an Amana...

I have an Amana bb20v1s and I need to remove and replace the adaptive defrost controller. The controller sits in a box on the coils underneath the lower freezer compartment. How is the box removed - it can’t come forward due the frame and it looks like it is blocked at the back by the evaporator coils?..

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model BB20V1S sr# ***** about 15 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I had a tech in to look at it - he couldn’t figure it out so I want to help him. I live in a relatively remote location.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We have ordered the cold controller parts already but I suspect the adaptive defrost control may be defective as well.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 10 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

now are you replacing the defrost control board, thermostat or the defrost heater assembly?