Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an old Whirlpool dishwasher model#GU980SCGb2. The…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Whirlpool dishwasher model#GU980SCGb2. The water was not draining out. I disassembled the bottom model to access the screen/filter and found an olive pit that was probably obstructing the drain. My question is that under the screen there were 2 white check balls. Without further work where do they go/can I put them down the drain hole and reassemble?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The dishwasher is 17 years old but still works great. The model#GU980SCGB2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My work is already done/diassembled - need to reassemble.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No - this is an issue which is out there on google - the check

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Attached is a picture of the drain sump cover. Both white balls just drop into the oval hole I drew a red arrow to.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?