Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kitchenaid Superba where the oven will not come on…

Customer Question
Hello I have...

Hello I have a Kitchenaid Superba where the oven will not come on and the code is F2E1

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

15 years old and all it says is Superba

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

ok

Error F2E1 means that your touch control panel has shorted out and you can try to flip the breaker off to see if the electronics will reset or unplug the oven for 60 seconds to see if it'll reset, but if that doesn't work you have no choice but to replace the entire touch control panel to resolve the issue. You'll need your full model number to look up the part number you need. The model number is ***** on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.