Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Tyler we have a GE three door refigerator model

Customer Question
Hello Tyler we have a...
Hello Tyler we have a GE three door refigerator model GFSS6KKYESS... the evaporator fan assembly is not running... in your experience is it more likely to be the fan assembly or the main control board?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Keep in mind, the fan motor only runs when the door is shut (or door switch engaged), so if the fan doesn't run when the door is shut, then that is typically a bad control board, but you'd need to test the fan for 12 volts DC on each wire to make sure it's not getting power to know for certain.

Ok that’s what I check for... these a special order parts that I supplier doesn’t have in stock so I’ll return in a few days w the parts in hand and determine which will be needed

OK sounds good.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?