Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I', trying to change the water filter in my Whirlpool French…

Customer Question
I', trying to change...

I', trying to change the water filter in my Whirlpool French Door fridge, but the used filter won't release.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The fridge is about 5 years old. The model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I've changed the filter before with no problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm following the instructions ... that is, turning the filter counter-clockwise, but it doesn't release.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the fresh food door and the model .serial tag is on the interior wall near the top

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text or Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.

Forget it. I've moved on,