Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE refrigerator interior lights are dim. The freezer

Customer Question
My GE refrigerator interior...

My GE refrigerator interior lights are dim. The freezer lights work fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

My model is GNC26GGDBWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All the lights work but they are dim.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

and GNC26GGDBWW is NOT a good model number.

GNE26GGGBWW
Serial number MA500390

that too is not a good model number!

Are you getting this number right off the appliance itself?

it right inside the refrigerator. I could check my invoice too.

could this be the correct number?

that's correct.

ok Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

ok These are LED lights when you open the door they should come on full power then slowly dim down .

Are they not doing that?

the longer the door is left open the dimmer the lights will get and after 15 minutes the lights should go off.

please let me know if this is NOT what the lights are doing.

When the fresh food or freezer door is open, the LED lighting should come on and stay at full power for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes the lights should start to lower their intensity in a smooth transition over the next three minutes to 75% of their original power. After 15 minutes the LED’s will turn off. If the fresh food or freezer door is closed and reopened, the timer restart.

The refrigerator door was left opened and the lights remained the same intensity and the lights shut off after 15 mins.
The freezer lights shut off after 15 mins. The lights did get dimmer after 8 mins. When the freezer door was closed the timer did restarted.

ok so then the fresh food light do come on but are they dim as you stated in your first post?

ok So if they are dime let`s REBOOT the electronic control board to see if they come back bright or not.

To REBOOT the control unplug the unit or turn the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes then power the unit back on.

If this does not rest the control so the lights are bright you will need to replace the electronic control board .

let me know what happens after the reboot .

If need be I can send you a link to the control board you will need to order and replace.

okay.

I will wait to hear from you!

I know it will take at least over 5 minutes.

The fresh food lights are still dim.

ok that is controlled via the main electronic control board mounted on the rear exterior of the unit.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Where do I find the control board in the refrigerator and do you have instruction for me to replace the old one.

As stated earlier it is mounted on the rear exterior of the unit .

and all you do is remove the cover from the rear of the unit the control board is right there and it is just unplugging one harness at a time from the old control board and putting them on the new control board using just basic hand tools .

Okay thank you.

Glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate, I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.