Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool dishwasher model WDP34QPAFBO Purchase February…

Customer Question
Whirlpool dishwasher model WDP34QPAFBO...

Whirlpool dishwasher model WDP34QPAFBO Purchase February 2017
The door will pen approximately ¾ of the way but will not lay flat to allow the bottom rack to roll out.
I have looked for a loose object on the inside and can see or feel nothing.
I removed the plate at the bottom and looking upward aee nothing obstructing on the outside
It feels like the obstruction is on the left side near the hinge. The right side seems to be free.
I have pulled upward and also twisted but there is no release. I dare not force it.Help!Ben A Harris

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model number is ***** Purchase February 2017

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If necessary. this might be a warranty item

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So you're exactly right that this would be a hinge issue if the door won't open. You can try to unscrew the kick panel below the door and remove that in case the door his hitting the kick panel when it's trying to open. Other than that, uninstall the dishwasher and look at the hinges because one is lightly tangled up in the sound dampening blanket or the hinge has popped of the pivot (which you would be able to see if you compared it to the other hinge). All of this would be covered under warranty however so I would recommend just calling warranty at 1.***-***-**** and they will send someone out at no charge.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?