Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore French door refrigerator. The icemaker

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore...

I have a Kenmore French door refrigerator. The icemaker works, however, it does not eject the ice any longer.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, that's it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the fresh food section door or doors and the model /serial tag is on the interior wall near the top .

and a Kenmore model number is ***** digits long and will look like this 123 .(###) ###-####/p>

795-71022-011

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

when you call for ice ,do you hear the dispenser auger motor even trying to run?

And have you removed the ice container and tried to call for ice to see if you can hear any operation at all?