Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My self cleaning oven will not release from lock mode cannot…

Customer Question
My self cleaning oven...

My self cleaning oven will not release from lock mode cannot set clock or turn oven on . The model number is###-##-####

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

About three years old , could not find model number paper envelope was removed .

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No only the display board in the center will not move from the lock position

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 10 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

If the oven door is locked and will not open and the oven is cold try the following things to get the door to open. Note the oven needs to be cold or the thermostat will not open it after a self clean cycle right away.

First try to start a new self clean for about 30 secs and cancel it, often that will trigger the door latch to restart and reopen. I saw you can not set the clock so if not skip that. If that does not open the door you can cut power to the unit for a full minute and power it back up and see if the door will open. If that does not work on some units you can remove the back and the latch motor is there with a lock rod going to a small hook iby the door. Those style units you can remove the rod and move it manually to open the door. If you do not have that style unit you need to get something flexible like a stiff piece of plastic or metal and slide it in between the door and frame and slide it sideways to hit the latch hook and press it to the left or right and open the door that way manually. Most latch hooks you will slide the piece from right to left pressing the latch hook left to release it...90% are like that, the others are the opposite way depending on make and model.