Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Refrigerator Problems After Power Outage. I did all reset as…

Customer Question
Refrigerator Problems After Power...

Refrigerator Problems After Power Outage

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

I did all reset as web site told but it's still fails, power is good cold is working but loose control. can not set any thing.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I did replace main board and control panel. it's still the same.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I did not know any thing else should make it work. call best buy $200.00 for visit.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 8 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this problem. What is the model number of your unit?

What's your response.?
wan more money no reply in writing. It's scam?
I wan a refund.

sorry if the site is offering the phone call its not from me please disregard it. I am not asking for money. I just was asking for your model number. Do you still want to work with me?

samsung refrigerator model: rs261mdr

ok give me just one moment please

just so I understand its not cooling and the control is not letting you set the temp? Is the fan in the freezer running as well as the compressor in the back?

Can not chat in your site?
Every thing's working except the controller's not work, one blue bar blinking.

so from the sounds of it your problem is the dispenser control board has went bad when the power outage happened and it needs to be replaced.

I did replace a new controller board and main board. still fails the same

you replaced the dispenser control board?

Cooling 's ok. just get ice but could not change to get water of set temp.

ok wait a minute I think I am misunderstanding you said in the beginning its not cooling so the problem is the water temp is not right?

No, everything's working except could not set temperature on frez. cooling temp. and get ice could change to get water. Like controller not working so I replaced controller as photo attached

now when you replaced it did it come with any programming instructions?

No, it did not need programming.
It has no connection for programming.

ok I am thinking that your model has programming sequence of keys that needs to be pressed but I do not have the manual for this particular model so I will open this up to other experts to see if they can assist you.

Thanks, ***** ***** the manual for this. No programming. The reset some web site told hold light button and save energy button to reset it to work. It work last time. now it no longer work like that so I replace the controller panel.

did you try pushing the upper two top buttons for a few seconds?

I did that and try many combination all button once at a time for weeks. No luck!