Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a recipe that calls for turning off the oven and

Customer Question

I have a recipe that calls for turning off the oven and letting the food continue to cook for 2 hours. How do I stop theblower from coming on to cool down the oven since I don't want to lose temperature
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: kitchenaid KEBS208SSS04
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately that is not an option for wall ovens. The fan will not turn off until the interior of the oven is 220 degrees or less---this is for safety reasons so your cabinets don't catch on fire. If you wanted the oven to cool down slowly, you'd have to try something different like turn the oven off, then reset the oven to 250 degrees for 30 minutes, then turn it off again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?