Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Parents' dishwasher is not starting .... checked fusebox.

Customer Question
Parents' dishwasher is not...

Parents' dishwasher is not starting .... checked fusebox

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Bosch silence plus 50dBa

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not sure .... was working earlier today .... the front board is not lighting up when on/off button is pressed

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To start, the on/off button never fails on this dishwasher to be honest. I've replaced 2 ever. In addition to that, the start switch has both a momentary contact as well as as switch contact. That means that even if the switch went bad, you can push the on/off button in and hold it, and the control panel would work while holding the on/off button. If this doesn't happen---the on/off button is not the problem.

That leaves either the junction box or the control board. First, there are no reset buttons, thermal fuse, or anything that you can just push to get the dishwasher working again. This model just doesn't have a thermal fuse, in fact no Bosch dishwashers do. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. I know you said you replaced the "control panel" already, but if you're sure the dishwasher is getting power and the junction box checks good, then either the control board came faulty or it was connection incorrectly.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?