Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave electronics do not operate properly. 1 year old…

Customer Question
Microwave electronics do not...

Microwave electronics do not operate properly.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

1 year old model WMH53520 CS-5, serial TR61969368

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure. I was hoping there would be something simple to troubleshoot and fix this.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was purchased on 8/10/16. Will it be covered? We put in the duration of what we want to heat and all different things pop up on the screen. Also the 30 second quick timer doesn't work right. It comes and goes. Sometimes it works OK and sometimes it doesn't.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

This sounds like a fault on the electronic control unit here.

As this is just under 12 month old then its still covered. As long as you report it to whirlpool before the 7/10/17.

So give Whirlpool warrenty a phone call as soon as you can and get this booked in and its covered. Even if they call out after the 7th as long as you report it before the its covered.

So they will call out and check it for you and hopefully replace the electronics in there for you to cure this.

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. But if not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks