Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a frigidaire thermoelectric wine cooler, LFWC08T6LB,

Customer Question
I have a frigidaire...

I have a frigidaire thermoelectric wine cooler, LFWC08T6LB, that makes a chirping sound, It still works but no lights or ability to adjust temp.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5-6 yrs old. Model is LFWC08T5LB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have done things like this before once I know what needs to be done and can get parts, if needed.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Everything has been clean

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If you open the units door does the interior lights go on?

No. Also, I pulled the power plug, left it for 30 min, plugged it back and and nothing changed. Still the same status.

ok if you open the door and the interior lights and the control panel does not light up ,you may have a faulty light switch or even a faulty electronic control board .

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

I have a volt meter and know how to use it.

ok unplug the unit and open the door and pop out the door light switch ( just pops out with a flat bladed screw driver ) and test it for continuity when the plunger is out and no continuity when the plunger is in .

Let me know what you find.

That will take a little time and I have a meeting I must attend shortly. I take it I can get back to you with my results later. Right?

yes you sure can just reply back when you can !!

Just got back to checking it out. There is ot plunger switch noticeable on the door, on the body of the cooler or under the rubber door seal. The door has a magnetic door closer. Perhaps the light switch in integral with the magnet. I don't see any way to get to that without taking off the entire cooler's casing.
That should have said "there is NO plunger switch noticeable"
Please confirm that the reply I sent 2 hrs ago has been received??

Sorry I was called away on a fire call, I`m a volunteer fireman .

Ok can you tell as to where the chirping is coming from then ?

Which model number that you gave me is the correct number ?

The last model number is ***** correct one. The chirping is coming from the top of the door where the control panel is located.

ok and can you get the interior light to go on by pressing the door light button on the control panel ?

No. The control panel does light up and no function is operational

ok I`m on the Frigidaire web site and they are not showing ANY replacement parts for this model , and that usually means they consider the unit a disposable unit ,meaning they do not offer replacement parts and if something goes wrong with it they expect you to just throw it away and purchase another.

And if the unit was still under warranty not even the manufacture would repair it they would just send you a new one .

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news so to speak.

I would contact Frigidaire to verify this .

If you need their information I can provide that to you!

No, I was concerned that might be the case. Thanks for trying!

no problem ,glad to assist you anytime..

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Before I respond to the rating/survey I wanted you to know that I am disappointed that you didn’t find out that parts are not available at the start of my request. I originally stated that there were no lights or way to adjust from the panel. After searching further on this site I saw where another tech responded about the same model saying that the parts are extremely expensive, if they could be found and he felt that his customer should know that at the beginning so time nor money was wasted. I do not feel that I should be charged for this service. Bud

I had no idea until I looked on Frigidaire web site that the parts were not available.