Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator model # wrf535smbm it is a…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator model # wrf535smbm it is a year and a half old and the freezer drawer handle is loose on one side and completely fell off on the other side. how do I fix the handle

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

1 1/2 years old model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Everything I explained is what is wrong

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Whirlpool refrigerator. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Ok, the first thing you need to do is remove the handle completely. The handle comes of by grabbing it firmly and yanking straight to the left with a hard jerk. Now, sometimes when installers install the refrigerator they will take the handles off to get the refrigerator through the door and accidentally install the handle upside down. If that's the case, then you'd have to pull straight to the right with a hard jerk to remove it.

Either way, once the handle has been removed, there are 2 bolts going into the face of the freezer drawer. Tighten these screws down, then you can put the handle back on the bolts by sliding the handle in the opposite direction until it clicks.

- I hope I have earned a five star rating from you. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. A rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen will allow free follow up questions for this appliance through this link. Thank you.

thank you for the response I am going to wait until my husband gets home to do this and I will rate your advice if it works out

Ok, if you have any further question, just let me know. I am not always online, but will respond to questions as I see them. Have a great day!

Good morning. Were you able to give that a try? Did you have any further questions?