Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an F5 E1 error code on an electric Whirlpool Gold…

Customer Question
I have an F5 E1...
I have an F5 E1 error code on an electric Whirlpool Gold double oven GBD307PRB00. The lower oven was locked shut after a power outage but was NOT in the process of a self clean. I have already replaced the complete latch assembly and the main control panel/clock. Now that the new latch is in the correct position the locked message cleared. The oven will operate normally but the F5 E1 always comes back after a minute. Setting the lower oven for self clean I cannot hear any solenoid movement. Solenoid good at 1800 ohm and the two switches seem correct.I really do not care about the lower self clean function and would be perfectly happy just if this could just be bypassed to get rid of the error message
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F5 E1 means that your door latch isn't working properly. You already tested the switches and the solenoid and they test good which means that the power outage shorted out the display board and it's not reading the latch switches properly. You'll need to order and replace the entire display board assembly to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for display board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

As I said the display board was already replaced
again, I do not care about a real fix (of course a real fix would be fine) if there is a way to disable/jumper/bypass the lower oven locking mechanism so that the error code goes away.
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

I see the last person has opted out of your question!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site JUST ANSWER
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The issue your having is not with the main display control board it is with the door latch SISTER board they call it .

And no you are not able to by pass the sister board to get the F5 error code to go away and stay off!

would you like a link to the door latch sister board ?

this is the first I have heard of a "door latch sister board".

ok The wire diagram right in the console area will show the door latch sister board in the door latch /lock motor circuit.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

that is the card I re-used on the left hand side of assembly when I replaced main display panel, correct?

yes that is the door latch sister board control

I hope you are right, getting tired of buying parts, removing oven doors, etc.Thank you, Mike

the only other thing it could be is a broken wire from the latch switch assembly to the sister board or from the sister board to the main control board .

and very unlikely that a wire broke all by itself .

Master Tech
Master Tech