Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I got disconnected from the last lady my gas cooktop keeps…

Customer Question
I got disconnected from...

I got disconnected from the last lady my gas cooktop keeps clicking, wife called gas co last nght no leaks he suggested we let sit over night and whenI plugged it back in this an stillclicking,I was getting ready to do the $5.00 depostit when cut off

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just last night about 2 hours after we last used the cook top for a pot of soup stock

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

How easy is it to do or can I have a technician come here to my home?n

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the unit continues to try to ignite, it means that one of your burner switches has either failed or is possibly wet. If you cleaned the cooktop after you were cooking your pot of soup stock, then possibly a switch below one of the knobs got wet. Usually you can just unplug the cooktop and wait 24 hours for the burner switches to dry out. After 24 hours, plug it back in and if it works then great. If not, then the shorted spark switch below one of the knobs will need to be replaced to resolve the issue.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?