Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Sub Zero 700BR suddenly started freezing everything

Customer Question
Our Sub Zero 700BR...

Our Sub Zero 700BR suddenly started freezing everything instead of just refrigerating it.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sub-Zero is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Ten years old 770BR

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. sorry 700BR not 770BR

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
10/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Theres 2 things that can cause this and its either the temperture sensor or the control board at fault here im afraid.

Now the bad news on this is both them parts are no longer avalivable as they dont make them anymore,

So in this case as theres no parts for sale on these there isnt much you can do. But if you are handy at diy repairs then you can try and access the temperture sensor and test the resistance of it as if its faulty then sometimes you can get another one to fit it.

But if the temperture sensor is fine then its going to be the control board but theres no alterative on this so im afraid in this case it will need to be a new appliance, Sorry.

Hi

I see the question is still open here, Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. But if not then if you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks