Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer will not unlock. I was able to troubleshoot by…

Customer Question
My washer will not...

My washer will not unlock. I was able to troubleshoot by inlocking it manually as directed by another source. A few minutes after I discovered this, the F21 showed. I fixed that problem by cleaning out the drain and putting it back together. Now the doir still wont open when button is pushed. Ive turned on the washer to complete its cycle gor now. Any tips on how to get the door to open normally, if it wont unlock at the end if the cycle? Thank you, Sylvia

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Im sorry!! Its whirlpool duet sport, about 7 or 8 years old I cant see the #

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Its pushed back against the wall. I was hoping to.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, not that I can think of.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you're not getting an error code anymore but the door won't unlock at the end of the cycle, you need to manually unlock the door and replace the door latch. Now if you still get an F21 error, that would explain why the door won't unlock which means that you either have a bad drain pump if the washer really isn't draining (since you already cleared out the drain catch), or the pressure switch is bad and not reading the water level properly so the pressure switch needs to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?