Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 10 year old front load wash machine that has been…

Customer Question
I have a 10...

I have a 10 year old front load wash machine that has been giving me an "F2" error code and now is not spinning (but making a nasty grinding noise). Is it time to get a new washer or can I get this one repaired resonably

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hang on a minute and I'll check

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

All I can tell easily is that it is a Whirlpool Duet front load washer and it's at least 10 years old. The controls are locked at 11 minutes and the door will not open. I think I'm in over my head. Need technician if it's worth fixing.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all I know at this time. To get to the back of the unit and find model/age would take some work.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 10 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F2 means that your washer is not draining. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?