Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE Advantium 120 convection/microwave oven model…

I have a GE Advantium...
I have a GE Advantium 120 convection/microwave oven model SCA1001HSS03 last evening I used the cook/bake option for 30 minutes and it was fine, after that I went to use the microwave option and it completely died no power at all at the control panel or the interior light, it did flicker a few times before it died. I do have power at the plug.
10/2/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

You may have a thermostat that opened killing voltage to the control , or a loose wire some where with in the unit.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

The unit will probably need to be removed off the wall also! is that something you feel you can do?

I have it off the wall and the covers off it. I do have a volt/ohm meter. I was also thinking one of those small round black 2 wire thermostats was bad. I see 3 of them. How do I test them?

remove one wire off the thermostat and ohm it out to see if you have continuity on it or not if you have continuity then voltage should be able to pass thru it

ohm meter should read zero, correct?

Yes Zero when touching the leads together and ol when the leads are separate.

And if the thermostat is closed you will also get the Zero reading

2 of the 3 I get zero reading. The one mounted on the bottom of the cabinet behind the control panel is open. I bypassed it to test and still have no power.

the one on the base of the unit will be open it turns the fan on (closes) if the mechanical compartment gets too hot.

So it is fine

So it seems as if all thermostats are fine .

Have you tested the inline voltage fuse for voltage to it and out of it correct?

I see 2 inline fuses, 1 on the the noise filter assembly which has 120v on both ends, the other on the pcb relay the fuse tests good but no power to it.

ok on terminal #1 red wire .

this powers the main control board do you have voltage to it to white wire coming off the noise filter? looking for 120 volts A/C

On the noise filter i see 2 black and 2 white wires. I have 120v the black wires only

ok the whites wires are neutral so you will not have voltage to ground on those .

Can you find the Red wire on the main control board on terminal #1 and test that red wire to either of the white wires on the line filter to see if you have line voltage to the control board.

Where is the red wire on terminal 1 located?

I show it is on the main control board !

There are a few plugs with red wires on them on the control board. How do I know which is terminal 1?

the wire diagram is only showing (one )red wire on the main control board.

This red wire is the same one that comes off the cavity thermostat that has a black wire on one side and the other side is this red wire that goes to the main control board to power the control board low voltage transformer to power the control board and display.

The PCB relay board with the fuse in it is that what you are calling the main control board?

no the one with the fuse is the sub PCB control board. the one with the control transformer is the main control board.

the main control board is the one right behind the control panel

And the control board low voltage transformer is the little transformer mounted on the base of the unit . in front of the larger high voltage (larger) transformer.

Do you have time to make this a phone call?

ok I submitted a premium service phone call to you!

Master Tech
I'm ready when you are
something is wrong I can't get through to the number you gave me

oh my big fingers!!

I found a break in the wire we talked about. I need to lengthen it a bit, is automotive wire ok to use?

yes that will work fine! ,good job!

Master Tech
Master Tech